





Optimised for firefox
So, I went to school to check my English and Physics papers. I was hoping for 74 for English and 78 for Physics. And WTH. I got 72 for English and 76 for Physics. Aargh.
But anyway, for English, I got 20/30 for Compo, as expected. 14/20 for AQ. 18/25 for Compre and 20/25 for Summary. I was suprised I got 5/5 for the vocab question in the Compre. haha, never got full marks for that section before.
For Physics, Mr Tieu gave us the Paper 2 first. I saw my marks: 49/70. I was bracing myself for an overall A2 for Physics. Then I got back my MCQ. 27/30. It took a moment for me to add the the marks together. 76. Then it took another moment for me to realise that I got A1 for the Physics exam. Relief rushed over me. But that relief soon turned to frustration, 'cos according to my earlier calculations, I need 78 in order to get A1 overall for Physics. But I realised I was assuming I got 7/10 for SPA123 and 2/5 for SPA4. I managed to ask Mr Tieu for my SPA marks. But he only told me my SPA123 marks. 9/10. So I'll probably get A1 for Physics, if my SPA4 gets 2/5. Which isn't that hard. I hope.
So anyway, here's a summary of my results. Should be quite accurate. I calculated the marks myself.
Subject Exam Overall Final Grade
English 72 74 A1/A2
Chinese 64.5 64.25 B3/B4
Maths 79 82 A1
Chemisty 86.5 83 A1
Physics 76 76? A1/A2
IH ? ? A1/A2/B3/B4
? denotes Not Known/Unsure
Best Case MSG: 1.33
Worst Case MSG: 2.0 Predicted MSG: 1.5
I'm hoping my English teacher will 'push' me up a grade to A1, and that they'll round up my Chinese exam marks before calculating overall grade, and that My SPA4 for Physics got at least 2/5. Of course, IH is still unknown. Ms Teo won't tell me my marks for MRP. Or rather, I can't go see her for my marks 'cos the staff room's out of bounds (Exam period). But I think I can't get any worse than B4.
Hm.. I'm not 100% sure I calculated my overall results correctly. Hopefully I'm correct...
So, I guess I can definitely get promoted to year 5. Yeah!
The final hurdle: HCL Os. Bring it on!!!
10/25/2005 11:21:00 am