





Optimised for firefox
So. I actually wasn't gone for very long. Came back last Monday. I was just too tired the few days after I came back and too lazy for the rest of the days up till now to blog.
The trip wasn't very long- only 4 days, but when I first got back I felt out of touch with everything in Singapore. And I wanted to go back to Penang. I remember feeling a sense of dread as I got on the the plane, cos it meant the trip was over- back to reality. Yeah so I really missed Penang and was feeling quite low when I got back (looking at photos helped. Oh and I didn't bring my camera- on purpose cos we had Zhongwei). Not so much now though. Now I'm just.... resigned to the fact that it's one more month to J2 (aaaaaaahhhhhh!) and that I can't escape from it.
Ok my memories have begun to fade. Lemme look at the photos to refresh them...
Day One 17th Nov '06
Oh. Yes. The uncomfortable ride to Penang. We went by air. But I had a seat in the LAST row. Aargh. And I forgot to take motion-sickness pills just in case. So I felt a little nauseous throughout the trip. Air-con was non-existent. The lunch sucked too. The spaghetti was so dry it was as good as uncooked. (the sauce was ok though). I'm not really complaining, can't really expect much from M'sia airlines. The company wasn't bad at all though. Haha. Sat between Yubai, who actually brought her laptop with her (!!!) and Catherine. Lynnette sat the opposite side of the plane, in the same last row, sandwiched between Job and Kim! Ahahaha. What fun it was watching them. Job was actually dancing to the music (some traditional malay music I'm guessing) being played in the plane. But well one hour was barely enough to watch them, have my lunch and start getting a little bored. Penang's only so far away from Singapore.
A bus brought us to some hawker place for lunch (we had most- or rather all our lunches and dinners at such places. different place each time.) I like the rides on the coach. No need to worry about when to get off, unlike public transport, so we (sat with Jason) can preoccupy ourselves with, um "entertainment", like teasing xiao chang jin and ah ma at the back, who were a little unsettled by the bumps (which made them fly up) during the journey. haha.
Hm what did we have.... oh yes. I had char kueh teow. Good stuff. Lunch was quite uneventful...
Had some free time after checking in. Room 728. With Jingzhi. Ah I miss that room... Not the over-powerful aircon which blows air of the same temperature no matter what setting you put it at- 15 or 30 deg C.
Dumplings ('ba zang'). And um, "yam cake" ('or kueh' the one with bits of meat). Most people got char kueh teow, but I didn't wanna, cos I figured it'd be as good as what I normally get once a year from KL (40 packets frozen, brought back to s'pore ahaha). I ended up having a bit from here and there though, cos it really was very good. And we all (meaning those at the same table) ordered some forgot-what-it-was-called. I thought it was a drink. But it was actually some ice kachang variant. And they served it before everything else. Whee dessert before the "main course". Oh and Jingzhi bought lor bak and got stunned by the cost- 八块二 ahahaha.
Went to bed quite early that night. Before 12 I think. Or 12. Ya, I think that was the night I kept nagging at Jingzhi to sleep, and he kept saying, wait, wait till 12. Yup. Oh and we had to borrow toothpaste, cos we both didn't bring, and the hotel didn't provide. So we had to borrow for the entire trip. Thankyou Jason. haha.
Yup that's about it for the first day. It's kinda late I need to go sleep now cos choir's in the morning tomorrow. I think I'll blog about the trip day by day. Look out for Day Two tomorrow, hopefully.
EDIT: Ah yes I remember something else. Some people went to get a portable keyboard for the trip. $36 bucks. It's seemed portable enough, until we saw Miss Lim's one. That one was tiny man. Made me feel cheated carrying such a big keyboard around. They couldn't find that same keyboard, bought that other small big keyboard and dumped it on me. Hmph. Oh well. I'm not RM for nothing haha.
Hm should I post photos...
11/26/2006 10:22:00 pm